In June 2013 on the initiative of academics and administrative staff of the University of Silesia there was established a Foundation for the development of the Silesian Centre for Education and Interdisciplinary Research in Chorzów EDU-RES. On 11th September 2013 it was entered into the National Court Register. The aim of the Foundation is to use and strengthen the teaching and research capacity of the Centre. EDU-RES aims not only to organizationally, financially and materially support the Centre, but also to initiate activities for the development of teaching, research and social activities, to facilitate interactions between the academic and social/business communities as well as to improve the quality and effectiveness of education and science. The Foundation was established, among others, to support the Centre’s staff, implement educational and scientific initiatives, promote development of innovation, but in particular to enable young, extremely talented people to develop through scholarships. This is how the abbreviated name of the Foundation was formed — it supports education (EDUcation) and researches (RESearches).
The aim of the Foundation is Organizational, financial and material support for the development of the Silesian Centre for Education and Interdisciplinary Research, in particular:
1. Promotion and development of academic and educational, scientific, social, informational, cultural activities,
2. Facilitating interaction between the academic and social/business communities,
3. Development and improvement of the quality and effectiveness of education and science.
The Foundation carries out its statutory objectives by:
• Initiating, organizing and supporting of undertakings related to development of academic and educational, scientific, social, informational, cultural activities,
• Developing the organizational and physical ground for interaction between the academic and business/social community,
• Supporting initiatives of academics and students extending beyond the organizational and financial capabilities of the University of Silesia in Katowice,
• Developing of national and international scientific exchange conducted by the Centre,
• Initiating and promoting unconventional and experimental forms of conducting research in and teaching of mathematics and natural sciences,
• Establishing awards for scientific and teaching achievements to to value the staff and students of the Centre,
• Financing or co-financing construction, expansion, modernization and equipping of the Chorzów Campus, including the Centre,
• Developing of scholarships and training programs for secondary school and university students, volunteers and experts in mathematics and natural sciences,
• Promoting of activities supporting development of technology and innovation, as well as promoting and implementing of new technical solutions in business.